Friday, May 29, 2009

Memorial Day 2009


Kirk was itchin' to cook some meat on the ol' BBQ, so we drove over to a park close by and set up an all-American Memorial Day cook-out! We bought enough food for lots of people to stop by and grab a hot dog ... no one did, but we were ready. Kirk made his AMAZING "Rocky Top Chicken" and we all loved it. Seriously folks, this recipe is no ordinary chicken!

My mom did a great job setting up the table, Dad took photos, Adiel was super cute, Kirk cooked, and I ate. Our new friend, Michelle, joined us, too. She recently moved to the Tri-Cities from Indiana and also attends Calvary Chapel. After the food settled a bit, Kirk, Michelle, and I threw around the Nerf football. Kirk coached us in throwing and catching ... all I can say is, it's a good thing we have a sense of humor!

Prayers of gratitude go out to all the family members of soldiers who served our country and stood for the ideals and values the USA was originally founded on.